LUNCH TIME: How To Cook Okro Soup With Ewedu Leaves. Do It Your Self

A plate of okra  soup cooked with ewedu leaves.
Okra soup is very good when cooked green and fresh. Ewedu leaves are good for weight loss. They are both full of vitamins which can be destroyed by heat, reason we do not overcook these greens. For mums introducing their babies to solids, this soup is it. I think babies love this soup cos it makes swallowing fufu very easy.  Try giving them with amala, soft eba, soft wheatmeal, soft semo or any other swallow but not too soft please. This soup cooks very fast.
Ewedu soup is mostly served with solids. Somtimes I cook this without palm oil and serve with a little tomato stew. When cooked without palm oil, it tastes better and I love it. If allowed to cook okro the exact way I like it, I won't add palm oil. Okro can be gratedif you like timy bits. I like to chew okro in my soup. This soup can also be enjoyed without any form of swallow, especially for those of us trying to lose some weight. I hope I've started losing sha.
Boiling  Goat lap with salt and onion
ewedu leaves
Adding water to boiled meat and checking for salt
Adding pepper and seasoning cubes to soup
Adding washed stock fish to soup
Adding very little palm oil to soup
Adding washed smoked catfish

Adding crayfish to soup
Stir crayfish in

Stir, cover and allow soup to boil properly
Adding  a little water after soup boils. For those who like very thick soups, you don't need to add water at this time. Remember to check for salt after every water addition
Soup boils until palm oil mixes very well, check that meat and stockfish are tender enough, check for taste, seasoning and salt before adding vegetables to soup
Adding okra to cooked soup
Adding ewedu leaves at the same time with okro
Let vegetables boil briefly before removing soup from heat
 Okro and ewedu allowed to boil for  30 seconds before removing from heat
Healthy Okro soup good for weight watchers
A plate of fresh okro soup with ewedu leaves
Okra soup is ready
Cooked okra with ewedu soup
Okro soup with ewdu leaves, stockfish, and catfish
For those who like locust beans, it tastes great in this soup. I forgot to add. Sometimes, I cook this soup with a little ugu in place of ewedu leaves, at other times, I add just hot leaf (uziza) to the okro. This soup can be cooked with any vegetable of your choice. I added bitterleaf once but didn't enjoy it much. I guess that bitterleaf wasn't well washed.
Enjoy!

Credit goes to Eya Ayambem

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Girl Who Escaped Opens Up: Boko Haram Rapés Us Up To 15 Times Everyday

HISTORY: THE STORY OF PROPHET EDWARD OKEKE (a.k.a Eddie Nogu, Okara mmadu Okara Mmuo) #BBNaija