My Assets Can Seduce Any Man —Actress Sandra Bassey

Sandra Bassey, former Miss Niger Delta (2012) is a beauty to behold. Recently, she debuted in Nollywood as she featured in the screen adaptation of Chimamanda Adichie’s bestselling novel, Half of a Yellow Sun. In a chat with Showtime Celebrity, Sandra shares some information information. Read below:

How do you maintain your skin?
I drink water a lot. Water is essential for the skin. I also eat lots of fruits and vegetables. I hardly use body cream, because of the chemicals used in making them which are sometimes harmful to the skin.

Everything good has its disadvantages. What are those things you didn’t like being a queen?
Basically, one of the challenges I had was advances from men. Men wanting to sleep with you in exchange for project sponsorship or to approve your proposals. Another challenge was in terms of friendship. I didn’t know who were my true friends. Lots of people came around me. I didn’t know who came because I was beautiful, or for my fame. I didn’t know who came genuinely, because of my personality. I got confused at a point.

Can you do séxual roles?

It depends. Seduction is a spirit. A woman can be fully dressed and still seduce a man. You don’t need to go nudé in order to seduce a man. Some men don’t get aroused by nudity. You just have to be possessed with a seductive spirit at that moment. Your eyes and body language can seduce.

What did fame give to you?
It has exposed me. I have lots of friends. When I think of where I come from and where I am now, I feel humbled. Fame has given me the chance to thank God for my life.

Since you started acting, how many movies have you done?
I’ve done three movies. It was a wonderful experience on set, I had fun. I was scared on the set of Half of a Yellow Sun, acting alongside great actors. It was a positive fear, it was just too good to be true. Acting has been wonderful, I’ve heard people say so many negative things about Nollywood, but so far I’ve not experienced any.

Would you want to take your acting career to Hollywood if you have the opportunity?
That’s actually my vision, but I wouldn’t want to leave Nollywood. I would want to project Nollywood to the extent where Hollywood will come to look for Nollywood. The main reason I ventured into modelling is to have a platform..

What qualities would attract you to a man?
He should be himself, have a good heart and be God-fearing I love good-looking guys, but that’s not the main criteria. I love guys who are decent in dressing and character.

Would you mind dating someone in the movie industry?
I wouldn’t mind. Despite the popular perception and belief that Nollywood is corrupt, I still believe I can find a good person. If I find someone that suits my personality, I don’t mind giving him a chance.

Would you marry a fellow actor if you eventually meet the one you like?
For now, I don’t know. When we get to that bridge, we’ll cross it.

How far can you go in interpreting a role?
I can go very far, but I can’t act nudé.

What if the script requires that you do it to seduce someone?
You can seduce someone without going nude. I believe that one can still uphold the virtues of womanhood, even while trying to project a particular character. I can do all manner of seduction with sanity. I’ll still protect my womanhood at all costs. I could wear a bikini, but I wouldn’t go completely nudé.

Describe your person?
I’m a simple, industrious, ambitious and God-fearing young lady, who derives joy from making people happy at the expense of her own happiness.

What do you hope to be remembered for?
I want to be remembered as that young girl who tried her best in grooming future superstars. I want to be a hope to the hopeless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Girl Who Escaped Opens Up: Boko Haram Rapés Us Up To 15 Times Everyday

HISTORY: THE STORY OF PROPHET EDWARD OKEKE (a.k.a Eddie Nogu, Okara mmadu Okara Mmuo) #BBNaija