PHOTO: How I succeeded in stealing 6 cars in Borno-Varsity Student Confesses



Mari Paul Dirkwa, a final year student of the University of Maiduguri was arrested for stealing cars.

Mari was known as the “good guy” on campus. Those who knew him said he exhibited rare inge­nuity and unmistakable mien of an intelligent young man but little did his schoolmates know that the 29-year-old undergraduate in the department of Business Education also doubled as a car thief having reportedly stolen six cars until recently when the bubble finally burst.

“I have stolen six cars before this recent one. I was trying to open the Honda Civic car when some peo­ple saw me but the police arrested me before I could escape,”
 Asked why he ventured into car theft as an undergraduate, Mari said greed and selfish desire pushed him into the criminal act.

“It was selfishness and greed. Each time I stole a car and sold it, I got a lot of money and I felt like stealing another car again. It is greed and I regret my action. I promise I wont do it again when I get off this case,” he said in a sober tone, asking his family for forgiveness.
 He said he often used a special key he called master key to open cars wherever they are packed, adding that his buyers are mostly in Gamboru-Ngala area in the Nigeria-Cameroon border.
“Yes, I know the buyers, they buy the cars and take them off the bor­der in Gamboru area,” 
Commissioner of Police, Borno state Command, Mr Clement Ado­da told journalists the suspect was arrested by a team of police Spe­cial Anti-Robbery Squad on patrol along Bama road in Maiduguri while attempting to steal a green Honda Civic car. He said his arrest was possible following a tip off by those who witnessed the attempt to steal the car.
“On interrogation, the suspect confessed to have previously stolen six assorted motor vehicles within Maiduguri metropolis and disposed off the same at different locations within the state,We are not able to locate the buyers now because of the terrain, I mean the security challenge in the area,”“Some people in the society have been mounting pressure” on the police to release the suspect but he main­tained that he would be charged to court as soon as the police have completed their investigation
Sunday Sun

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Girl Who Escaped Opens Up: Boko Haram Rapés Us Up To 15 Times Everyday

HISTORY: THE STORY OF PROPHET EDWARD OKEKE (a.k.a Eddie Nogu, Okara mmadu Okara Mmuo) #BBNaija