How we robbed and injured our victims, by suspects

Three suspects are currently being quizzed by the operatives of the Special Anti Robbery Squad (SARS) of the Lagos State Police Command over allegation of armed robbery.

The suspects are Chukwuemeka Bright Bardi, Dare Adeniji and Abraham Isong.

They are being investigated for alleged conspiracy and armed robbery.

One of the suspects identified as Joshua by the gang escaped arrest.

Public Relations Officer, Lagos State Police Command, Ken Nwosu, a Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP), confirmed their arrest.

The suspects allegedly stormed the residence of their victims located at 18, Salvation Street, Oke-Odan in Ishashi area of Lagos in the night and robbed them of cash, handsets, laptops and other valuables.

It was gathered that during the attack, a 25-year-old girl, Ann Eboke, was shot in the leg and is currently receiving treatment at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH).

Also, a 63-year-old woman, Mrs. Eboke, was said to have sustained deep machete injury inflicted by the suspects on her head.

Another victim, Franklin Eboke, was also wounded.

It was alleged that Chukwuemeka who was said to be familiar with the victims and their home had invited other three suspects for the attack.

However, Chukwuemeka had vehemently denied involvement in the robbery and ever knowing the other two suspects.

But the other two suspects confessed that he invited them for the robbery.

The police image maker, Nwosu said that the suspects would be charged to court as soon as investigation is completed, while effort is on to arrest the other fleeing members of the gang.

Chukwuemeka, 23, who claimed to be a native of Akwukwu-Igbo in Oshimili North Local Government Area of Delta State said, “I did not know these boys and did not participate with them. I went to a site where I work a day before we were arrested in that area in search for work at Alibaba in Iyana Ishashi. I came back at about 8pm to sleep with a friend who resides in that area as my house at Block 292, Plot 131, Flat 1, Iba Housing Estate where I live with my aunt was far from the site.

“I stayed that night with Kenneth my friend. In the night, people were shouting and knocking at the compound, the people of the community asked everybody to come out. We came outside and I saw Dare being tied with rope. They were asking who is Chika? Dare pointed at one person called Israel. “As they started beating Israel, he told them he was not Chika but Israel. Dare now pointed at me, I told them I am not Chika, but Chukwuka, but they started beating me, tied me with rope and handed me over to the police.”

Dare, 21, a resident of 247 Sheba Bus Stop, Ilogbo, a native of Ila-Oragun in Osun State, confessed he participated in the robbery attack, but did not shoot or inflict injuries on the victims, saying it was Joshua who did.

“I am a shoe cobbler. Four of us went for the robbery; myself, Joshua, who is on the run, Abraham and Chuka. I knew Chuka one Sunday two months ago at Itegbe in a jetty where he was drinking. I told him to buy me something and he did. We did not exchange contact address and phone numbers. The next time I saw him was in Okokomaiko in an Igbo (Indian hemp) smoking joint where I went to smoke, though he did not smoke but was discussiing with others. I told him I wanted to come close to him and he told me he does POP. He did not give me his address but said he lives in Ishashi area. Before then I used to rob. The modus operandi is that we tear nets of the house we want to rob, enter the house and rob occupants.

“I told three of my members that we were going for an operation in Ishashi area. On our way, we saw Chuka around 8pm. He asked us what we have come to do around that area. He later took us to a boys’ quarter apartment and told us that he lived there. He then took us to one place where he normally buy something and bought some pure water there. Later, he left and we hide in an uncompleted building till about 2 to3am before we entered the house and robbed. It was Joshua that shot somebody”.

Abraham, 21, from Akwa Ibom State, who claimed to live at Ajara Grammar School area of Badagry also confessed to taking part in the robbery.

He also confessed that Chuka was part of them and that they met in an Indian hemp joint.

“I held knife and I was outside watching while my colleagues were inside robbing. We collected phones. As they pursued us, everybody scattered. It was inside the vehicle we entered around 5am that we were arrested. We robbed the house around 3am to 4am.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Girl Who Escaped Opens Up: Boko Haram Rapés Us Up To 15 Times Everyday

HISTORY: THE STORY OF PROPHET EDWARD OKEKE (a.k.a Eddie Nogu, Okara mmadu Okara Mmuo) #BBNaija