PDP Chairman Battered By Sen Chris Anyanwu's Security, Battles For Life At Hospital

The Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Ezinihite Local Government Area of Imo State, Mr. Chinemerem Enweremadu, who was allegedly beaten up by naval officers attached to the lawmaker representing Imo East, Senator Chris Anyanwu, at the delegates congress, is battling for life at a private hospital in Owerri.

Narrating his ordeal to The Nation on his hospital bed, the victim alleged that he was beaten up by naval men on the order of the senator, who accused him of plotting to work against her interest in the election.


Enweremadu said: “On Saturday, we were asked by the state leadership of our party to come to the secretariat to accompany the returning officers to our council areas, in order to conduct the delegates congress.
“When I was coming out of the chairman’s office, after I had been shown the returning officers for my local government, I was confronted by Senator Anyanwu, who ordered his security men to beat me up and collect the result sheets from me.
“Three hooded naval officers descended on me and used the butt of their guns to hit me until I became unconscious.  Entreaties by onlookers were rebuffed by the senator, who boasted that she would teach me a lesson. I can’t see clearly now, following the injuries. I can’t even sit properly due to pains.”


Mrs Anyanwu’s Media Consultant, Mr. Everest Ezihe, described the allegation as a mischief by desperate politicians, who wanted to tarnish her image.
He said: “Senator Anyanwu did not attack anyone. She is too civilised to be involved in lawlessness. The man was beaten up by a mob after he assaulted a female returning officer posted to his area, who refused to hand over electoral materials to him.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Girl Who Escaped Opens Up: Boko Haram Rapés Us Up To 15 Times Everyday

HISTORY: THE STORY OF PROPHET EDWARD OKEKE (a.k.a Eddie Nogu, Okara mmadu Okara Mmuo) #BBNaija