Woman throws champagne bash to celebrate her divorce (Photos)


 A woman has surprised many after throwing a divorce party..26-year-old Charlie Penna, separated from ex-partner, Lee Ferry, 32 marked the end of her five-month marriage to her cheating husband in a merry way..

The mum-of-one, from Perranporth, Cornwall, said:

"I wanted to celebrate being a stronger woman, instead of wallowing. I was devastated when Lee broke up with me but I had so much fun at my party - dancing with my friends and enjoying being single."

In 2006 Charlie met ex-hubby Lee at their local pub and fell in love.Three years later, Charlie gave birth to their daughter Teyah, now five, who was born with a rare condition called Peter's anomaly, which left her blind in both eyes.


But in May 2010 Charlie's happily-ever-after was ruined after she discovered intimate pictures of Lee saved on his laptop that had been sent to another woman.
She says:

 "I felt numb and confronted him straight away. He explained that he'd been emailing a stranger in California, USA, for the past three months and insisted they'd never met."Lee was extremely apologetic and explained that Teyah's condition had put him under a lot of pressure."


With ex-Charlie



Upset, Charlie threw Lee out of their home but as the days passed, she changed her mind and took him back, determined to keep their family together.

 "I decided to give him another go and we worked hard to rebuild our relationship."

Eighteen months later in November 2011, Lee proposed to Charlie and 10 months later, the couple married in a small ceremony.

At first, the couple's marriage was good, but within months, Lee started an evening job at a local Indian restaurant as well as working at a surf shop during the day.
His long hours meant Charlie barely saw her husband and when she did, he seemed distant and moody.



Eventually she began to suspect he was cheating on her and confronted him about her suspicions when he came back home.

The mother said:

 "I confronted him about cheating again and he stayed at his friend's house that night, saying he needed a break.The next day, he told me our relationship was over. We'd been married for just five months."I couldn't believe it and in despair, I chucked my wedding ring at him then I returned home and sobbed."
And three weeks later, on her birthday, Charlie received a text from Lee saying he had moved in with another woman.
Charlie says:
 "I discovered he was seeing one of his old school friends named Becky. I was heartbroken, but focused my energy on Teyah, creating a sensory garden to her to play in."She's overcome so much, I'm unbelievably proud."She's kept me going."

And when the anniversary of the day she married Lee came around, Charlie arranged a divorce party, which was held at a restaurant in September 2013.

She says:

"I wore a T-shirt with the slogan 'I ain't no wifey' emblazoned across the front and enjoyed tapas with my closest friends and family.

"In fact, I'm celebrating the day our divorce came through next month. I've hired a hot tub and will be having a prosecco party with my friends and family."I feel so much stronger now and might celebrate my divorce every year."



Culled from UK Mirror

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Girl Who Escaped Opens Up: Boko Haram Rapés Us Up To 15 Times Everyday

HISTORY: THE STORY OF PROPHET EDWARD OKEKE (a.k.a Eddie Nogu, Okara mmadu Okara Mmuo) #BBNaija