‘I paid his manager’ – Timi Dakolo reacts to allegations of copyright infringement by Majek Fashek

In response to allegations of copyright infringement by Nigerian singer Majek Fashek, soulful singer Timi Dakolo has stated he paid the seasoned reggae act’s manager for a remake of his song.


In a recent interview with Punch, Majek Fashek accused Timi of doing a remake of his hit song ‘Send Down The Rain’ without due permission.

‘He broke the rules of copyright. He is a thief because in music business, he must take permission before he works on someone’s song,’ Fashek had said.

‘That is why we have COSON. I did not give anyone the right to do anything with my song.’

However in his defence, Timi who released his version of the song in 2013 denied making use of Majek’s original version without going through proper channels.

‘My people, it saddens me to see such. I always try to do things rightly and lawfully,’ he shared in an Instagram post.

‘I paid his manager to remake the song, I got my invoice. I even mentioned to him during our rehearsals at the Headies. So, honestly I don’t understand this write-up.

‘Oga Majek Fashek. I respect and love you. Your voice gives life to lyrics. You are one of the best musicians I know. God bless you,’ the ‘Wish Me Well’ singer further wrote.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Girl Who Escaped Opens Up: Boko Haram Rapés Us Up To 15 Times Everyday

HISTORY: THE STORY OF PROPHET EDWARD OKEKE (a.k.a Eddie Nogu, Okara mmadu Okara Mmuo) #BBNaija